Build up and lead a world class hardware architecture team as a subgroup of the world wide HWA department to maintain leading edge hardware architecture/solutions for mobile terminals
• Develops the team to cope with current and future challenges for baseband chip hardware architecture
• Develops effective relationships with customers, contractors, clients, universities and partners.
• Responsible for proposing, developing and implementing leading edge architectural and IPR solutions for mobile terminal baseband/hardware projects and products
• Responsible for the development and continuous improvement of tools and methodologies relate to the HWA deliverables
• Handles all aspects of team’s performance management.
• Staffing, recruitment and integration of new employees
• Teambuilding, coaching, conflict management and fostering Infineon’s values
• Interfaces with the Component Development team, program management, and project management to resolve technical issues, to allocate resources to projects and to satisfy customer needs.
• Responsible for project planning for HWA team activities, as well as on time and within scope HWA deliverables to projects
• Applies lessons learned from current customer/platform issues to enhance future HW architectures, as well as influencing HW/SW partitioning
• Serves as communication link between his team and management in order to cascade goals and strategy downwards and to surface issues upwards.
• Supports marketing and sales in discussions with customers, partners and operators
• Full responsibility for functional budget to include but not limited to; functional HC, expense, capital equipment, T&L and training
• Leads a team of 5-10 hardware architect Engineers
• Ph.D or Masters degree of communication engineering or related field
• Minimum 7 years experience as functional manager in a Integrated Circuit company
• Minimum 8 years experience in a hardware architecture/development organization in the baseband mobile phone business
• Efficient, cost-effective team with rich blend of key competencies
• Highly motivated, high performance team which attracts high caliber concept engineers from other companies
• Continuous improvement of hardware architecture (cost, performance, functionality)
• Reduction of customization costs by ensuring high re-use of existing HW IP
• Excellent Communication with Project Managers, Program Managers, and the other development organizations
• Performance management including 100% of objectives set for all employees; full compliance with spirit and intent of STEPs process
• Achievement of personal and team objectives; focus on “what” and “how”
• Fluent in spoken and written English