Systems Engineering Manager
This position will be responsible for managing both pre-sale and post-sale system level technical supports for customers. This person also needs to be very familiar with high speed signal integrity in terms of designing PCB, substrate and also running simulation and taking measurements.
Candidate should be capable of debugging hardware issues using debuggers, oscilloscopes, in-circuit emulators, and debug firmware in C and assembly.
Works with marketing, ASIC and software managers to debug issues and provide insight with profound knowledge/experience back to these functional teams.
- Provide domain knowledge of high speed signal integrity to customers and internal functional teams.
- Develop and design reference board designs and documents to support customers.
- Support customers schematic/layout reviews and resolve customer system design issues.
- Occasional customer on-site support.
- Communicate externally with customers to address their concerns. And communicate internally with ASIC and software team to debug issues.
- Being recognized as an expert in Systems Engineering. Able to operate with global projects teams.
- Proactive in driving issues to resolution. Demonstrate strong team leadership skill
- BSEE, MSEE with 5+ year experience.
- Strong domain knowledge of high speed signal, including HDMI, DisplayPort, DDR, USB, PCIe, LVDS/TTL, I2S, I2C, SPI and Audio.
- Had at least 3-year experience in PCB layout SI optimization and substrate design.
- At least 2 years PCIe GFX display card design experience
- At least 2 years SOC PCB layout experience
- Has good knowledge of system thermal design and SI simulations.
- Has good knowledge to resolve system EMI/EMC and ESD issues.
- Has basic knowledge of software programming skills, including C++, C, assembly, Verilog/VHDL and experience with 8051 and DSP designs.
Silicon Motion, Inc. offers competitive compensation and benefit package which include Health, Dental, Vision, 401(k) with employer match, Life, ADD & LTD, paid time offs and recognize employees who excel in their performance.
For consideration for the above position, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org