Xilinx develops highly flexible and adaptive processing platforms that enable rapid innovation across a variety of technologies - from the endpoint to the edge to the cloud. Xilinx is the inventor of the FPGA, hardware programmable SoCs and the ACAP (Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform), designed to deliver the most dynamic processor technology in the industry and enable the adaptable, intelligent and connected world of the future in a multitude of markets including Data Center (Compute, Storage and Networking); Wireless/5G and Wired Communications; Automotive/ADAS; Emulation & Prototyping; Aerospace & Defense; Industrial Scientific & Medical, and others. Xilinx's core strengths simultaneously address major industry trends including the explosion of data, heterogeneous computing after Moore's Law, and the dawn of artificial intelligence (AI).
Our global team is growing and we are looking for bold, collaborative and creative people to help us lead the industry transformation to build an adaptable intelligent world. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, striving for excellence in all that we do, and working together as a unified team, we can accomplish anything. Come do your best work and live your best life as part of the ONEXILINX team!
Automotive System Architect – China Region
This position can be based in any major city in China and will require travel throughout China. There may be some travel to Korea and India.
The Automotive Business Segment Team is responsible for the development and execution of Xilinx market leadership strategy for the global automotive industry. This strategy includes silicon roadmap, application-specific solutions (including IP, software and development platforms), ecosystem partners, and customer engagement. The group is charged with maintaining and expanding the XA (Xilinx Automotive) silicon product line, including both inbound product definition and outbound marketing. It is ultimately responsible for managing long-term strategic OEM and Tier One customer relationships and continuing revenue growth and profitability for the company. The Automotive business segment team is made up primarily of automotive OEM, Tier One, and semiconductor industry veterans.
The Automotive System Architect – China will report to and align with the Automotive Solutions Director. In addition, the System Architect will work closely with the regional business development leads and will also have direct access and interaction with the Automotive Business Segment Senior Director. The Automotive System Architect role focuses on the strategic application of Xilinx product technology in the automotive market, specifically in the areas of Advanced Driver Assistance (ADAS)/ Automated Driving, Infotainment, Driver Information, and Electric Vehicle. Responsibilities include development of targeted solutions, customer/project specific architectural analysis/proposals, and engagement with key Xilinx automotive ecosystem partners. The role includes working closely with sales, automotive marketing, and factory personnel to identify and develop compelling value propositions for our customers that support continued long-term growth of the Xilinx automotive business, as well as development of key customer relationships where trust drives transparency and opportunity.
- Provide broad practical automotive technical expertise, in terms of automotive ECU design, HW/SW architectures, and application specific methodologies, to sales teams calling on automotive customers with the objective of driving sales growth.
- Identify and characterize, through technical analysis, specific Xilinx Programmable Logic and SoC value propositions that can positively differentiate Xilinx products from ASSP products in the target automotive application segments. Work with sales and marketing to communicate and exploit identified value propositions.
- Develop and maintain relationships with strategic IP partners applicable to the automotive segment with the objective of guiding partner activity and priorities base on differentiating programmable logic solutions from ASSP approaches and maximizing sales growth.
- Define and develop (leveraging partners and internal resources) targeted solutions (IP, Software, Reference Designs, and Targeted Development Platforms) aligned with relevant market/customer problems, that enhance the overall value proposition of Xilinx products and increase Xilinx product penetration over ASSP, DSP, and SOC alternatives.
- Monitor and/or manage progress at partners where Automotive Solutions funding is used to subsidize development toward automotive customers goals/needs.
- Develop and maintain key technical senior management/executive relationships with strategic automotive customers and OEMs to complement existing or developing sales relationships. Use these relationships to determine customer solutions needs and to influence customer architectures and roadmaps in favor of Xilinx.
- Work with Xilinx product planning team to develop, communicate, and justify automotive requirements relevant to future Xilinx products.
- Collaborate with Xilinx FAEs and Specialists (e.g. Processor, DSP, Quality, Functional Safety, etc.) to produce specific application and product design solutions for customers.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent degree (minimum).
- 10+ years of automotive supplier/OEM and/or automotive semiconductor industry experience. Experience with automotive ECU architecture and/or development preferred.
- Technical expertise in the application of VLSI semiconductor with a working knowledge of embedded processing systems. Familiarity with application of FPGA technology is preferred.
- Experience with mapping/partitioning automotive ECU functionality to electronic components. Expertise in Software Development, Operating Systems, and AUTOSAR is a strong plus.
- Knowledge of automotive electronics market, trends, and applications. Direct experience with Infotainment, Driver Information, Driver Assistance/Automated Driving, and/or Electric Vehicle applications (HW & SW) and system architectures is highly desired.
- Familiarity with functional safety and automotive electronics security needs is a strong plus.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, presentation, and negotiation) is a must.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a highly cross-functional and geographically diverse organization
- Must be a strong team player and very self-motivated, self-starting, individual
- Desired job location is in Shanghai or other major city in China
- Must be willing to frequently travel throughout the China-APC region